VIP In-Person - Carbon Leaf
*** Please note that there is a two-item minimum at tables! ***
This is an exclusive VIP ticket to see Carbon Leaf live and in-person. Your ticket guarantees you one of the limited seats available and will give you a glimpse behind the scenes of the Live Stream video shoot. PLUS, Union Stage will have it’s full bar and famous Union Pie pizza menu open and available all night with a dedicated wait staff.
Please be assured that Union Stage has taken all safety precautions to ensure your health and safety:
What We Are Doing
- All staff will wear masks at all times.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- All audience members will be seated at tables. No standing room only concerts.
- Our total capacity has been reduced to take into account social distancing.
- Directional signage has been placed throughout the venue to minimize unintentional social distancing breaches.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the venue.
- We will no longer accept orders at the bar. All food and beverage orders will be taken through wait staff.
- The venue has been cleaned professionally and their services will continue to be retained.
What We Request Of You
- Wear a mask or face covering upon entering and moving around inside the venue. Your mask may be removed while you are consuming food and beverage but should be worn at all other times.
- Adhere to social distancing as well as marked entry and exit doors/directional markings.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or do not feel well, please do not come to the venue.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
A touring mainstay and an indie folk rock staple, this Virginia quintet’s well-hewn live show and musical style drift in and out of Americana, bluegrass, rock, folk, Celtic and pop traditions with ease, using an arsenal of instruments - acoustic & electric guitars, mandolin, fiddle, banjo, cello, bass, drums, accordion, penny whistle and rich vocal harmonies – to define the band’s lively stage presence and sonic landscape.
“We call it ether-electrified porch music,” says frontman Barry Privett, using a phrase nicked from an earlier album of the same name when describing the band’s expansive sound.
“It’s the sweet spot between the earnest roots music we grew up on and the textured electric rock side that gives us different places to go musically during the course of an evening.
Whether they are plugged in to amplifiers or huddled around a single ‘Grand Ole Opry’ style microphone, Carbon Leaf radiates a warm, magnetic onstage presence that pulls the audience closer. Lyrically poetic with a wide range of musical styles, the band’s live charm is its ability to make the concert feel as much of an electrifying event as it would be an intimate gathering of just family and friends.
“Being both a folk band and rock band allows each song to breathe a little differently and creates an arc that keeps things interesting for the band and the fans.” Privett said. Performing live truly is a symbiotic relationship between the 5 band members and the audience.”
With a history spanning 27 years, 20 albums and 3,000 live shows, Carbon Leaf’s independent music and spirit continue to resonate with its fans.
740 Water St SW
Washington, DC, 20024